The Eliava Foundation is a non-profit organization that was formed in association with the Eliava Institute of Bacteriophage, Microbiology and Virology. The mission of the foundation is to develop and expand the practical application of bacteriophages in Georgia and the world.
Five for-profit companies have been formed by the Eliava Foundation:
- Eliava BioPreparations– using traditional knowledge and experience to produce highly effective therapeutic and prophylactic bacteriophage preparations. The importance of these preparations is becoming widely recognized and appreciated to successfully treat the growing threat of multiple drug resistant bacteria.
- Eliava Media Production – uses advanced technology and equipment as the only ISO 9001:2008 laboratory that operates in the Caucasus region to produce prepared media for bacteriology, virology and cell culture research and diagnostics.
- Eliava Analytical-Diagnostic Center– performs a wide variety of diagnostics for bacteriology, virology and immunology. The most important among them is the testing of bacteria for bacteriophage susceptibility. This advantage significantly differentiates the Eliava Analytical-Diagnostic Center from its competitors.
- Eliava Phage Center NY- is the USA representative of the Eliava Group. Located in New York it provides phage treatment services for local patients.
- Eliava Phage Therapy Center– is a phage therapy clinic that treats multiple drug resistant bacterial infections. Eliava Phage Therapy Center is a joint venture between the Eliava Foundation and Aieti Medical University and is a fast growing medical clinic located on the grounds of the Eliava Institute.
The Eliava group of companies are fast emerging entities that continually innovate to provide the highest quality products and services that also meet the latest industry standards.